The webinar about “Growing a circular economy” by Ethical Corporation just ended, but we would like to share with you some final tips to help grow a circular economy. The tips come from the final discussion among Timothy R. Basilone, Vice President at Environmental Affairs at Horsehead Corporation, Scott O’Connell, Director of Environmental Affairs at Dell and Giulio Bonazzi, our CEO at Aquafil.
We found them really interesting and inspirational so here they are:
- Measure! Figures and measurements are a MUST!
- Give a definition of sustainability and the circular economy model that you want to apply to your product or service.
- Create a clear vision and share it with all your stakeholders
- Commit to the vision you have with key performance indicators (KPI) that you can share publicly so that people can see the improvements and follow your sustainability path.
- Share your vision with your customers, and keep an eye toward where they are going to in terms of sustainability.
- Keep a life cycle view of your product or service
- Get started once you find an opportunity, and don’t give up. There will be difficulties, but you have to see through them.
To find out more or hear these speakers once more, join the 5th Responsible Business Summit NY taking place on 27-28 March in New York. Our CEO Giulio Bonazzi will be there as well to talk about how we are Aquafil are building a circular economy with our ECONYL® Regeneration System.